Tuesday, 5 December 2017
The Man of the House built a new wall shelf for our living room a few days ago.
I painted it in a base coat of dark grey and a second coat of red with mustard on the edges.
Then I "distressed" it by sanding back to the dark layer and some raw wood.
I gave it one more coat of grey over the red to tone it all down.
We are having fun creating our version of "prim" furniture for our eclectic home.
And we just love how this looks at night with the oil lamp lit!
Wednesday, 1 November 2017
- Loved so dearly (John 3:16; Rev. 1:4-6)
- Forgiven of all my sins and washed in the blood (Eph. 1:7, Heb. 9:14)
- A new creation (2 Cor. 5:17)
- The temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19)
- Rescued from the power of darkness and brought into God's kingdom (Col 1:13)
- Redeemed from the curse of the law (1 Pet. 1:18, 19; Gal. 3:13
- Blessed (Gal. 3:9)
- A saint (Rom. 1:7; 1 Cor. 1:2, Phil. 1:1)
- Holy and without blame before Him (Eph 1:4)
- Elect (Col 3:12, Rom. 8:33)
- Established to the end (1 Cor 1:8)
- Brought near to God through the blood of Christ (Eph. 2:13)
- Victorious (Reb 21:7)
- Set free (John 8:31-3)
- Dead to sin and alive to God (Rom.6:2, 11; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- More than a conqueror (Rom. 8:37)
- Fellow heirs with Christ (Roman 8:17)
- Sealed with Holy Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13)
- In Christ who is our righteousness, holiness and redemption (1Cor 1:30)
- Accepted in the Beloved (Eph 1:6)
- Complete in Him (Col 2:10)
- Crucified with Christ (Gal 2:20)
- Alive with Christ (Eph. 2:5)
- Free from condemnation (Rom 8:11)
- Reconciled to God (2 Cor. 5:18)
- Qualified to share in His inheritance (Col. 1:12)
- A fellow citizen with God's people and member of God's household (Eph. 2:19)
- Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
- Born of God and the evil one does not harm me (1 John 5:18)
- Blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Eph. 1:3)
- His disciple because I have love for others (John 13:34.35)
- The light of the world (Matt 5:14)
- The salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
- The righteousness of God (2 Cor. 5:21, 1 Pet. 2:24)
- A partaker of His divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4)
- Called of God (2 Tim. 1:9)
- The first fruits among His creation (James 1:18)
- Chosen (1 Thess. 1:4; Eph 1:4; 1 Pet. 2:9)
- An ambassador for Christ (2 Cor. 5:20)
- God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works (Eph. 2:10)
- Being changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 1:6)
- Raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Col 2:12; Eph. 2:6)
- Beloved of God ( Col. 3: 12; Rom. 1:7;1 Thess. 1:4)
- One in Christ (John 17:21-3) I HAVE:
- Obtained an inheritance (Eph. 1:11)
- Access by one Spririt to the Father (Heb. 4:18; Eph. 2:18)
- Overcome the world (1 John 5:4)
- Everlasting life and will not be condemned (John 5:24; John 6:47)
- Received power, the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8)
- The greater One in me; thus, greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4) AND NOW:
- I live by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:2)
- I walk in Christ Jesus (Col 2:6)
- I can do all things in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:13)
- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God (Phil. 3:14)
- My life is hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
Source: Step Up Reading, New Life Community Church
I have an old pine cupboard which my hubby painted white.
It holds the 'bits and pieces' of old crockery that I like.
Some of it has value due to vintage or design
but all of it is precious to me.. simply 'cause it's mine :-)
There's very little new in there-it's mostly second-hand.
Why others sought to part with them, I'll never understand!
For I delight in searching for the treasures of this sort
And rushing home to hubby to say "Look what I just bought!"
A case in mind is this here bowl, with strainer and a lid.
It's made by Royal Doulton..so you'd think it'd cost a 'quid'.
But finding it in Vinnies nearly made this lady holler
when I spied the sticker on the lid (o joy of joys!) - one dollar!!
Yes, I love my vintage china and old tins with charm and grace
I like anything that age has softened with it's bygone face.
My home is filled with memories that harken back in time
to when a woman's homelife was of a very different kind.
I often ponder on the ways a housewife's lot has changed.
And how it seems, society has been quite disarranged.
But when I look around me at all my lovely vintage things
I gain a sense of peace and quiet that seeing them still brings.
For I am happy and so glad to have a home like this
where olden days and olden ways can make me reminisce
about the lives that women lived...content to have 'enough'.
A humble model for my heart.. and why I have this vintage love!