Wednesday, 1 November 2017
- Loved so dearly (John 3:16; Rev. 1:4-6)
- Forgiven of all my sins and washed in the blood (Eph. 1:7, Heb. 9:14)
- A new creation (2 Cor. 5:17)
- The temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19)
- Rescued from the power of darkness and brought into God's kingdom (Col 1:13)
- Redeemed from the curse of the law (1 Pet. 1:18, 19; Gal. 3:13
- Blessed (Gal. 3:9)
- A saint (Rom. 1:7; 1 Cor. 1:2, Phil. 1:1)
- Holy and without blame before Him (Eph 1:4)
- Elect (Col 3:12, Rom. 8:33)
- Established to the end (1 Cor 1:8)
- Brought near to God through the blood of Christ (Eph. 2:13)
- Victorious (Reb 21:7)
- Set free (John 8:31-3)
- Dead to sin and alive to God (Rom.6:2, 11; 1 Pet. 2:24)
- More than a conqueror (Rom. 8:37)
- Fellow heirs with Christ (Roman 8:17)
- Sealed with Holy Spirit of promise (Eph 1:13)
- In Christ who is our righteousness, holiness and redemption (1Cor 1:30)
- Accepted in the Beloved (Eph 1:6)
- Complete in Him (Col 2:10)
- Crucified with Christ (Gal 2:20)
- Alive with Christ (Eph. 2:5)
- Free from condemnation (Rom 8:11)
- Reconciled to God (2 Cor. 5:18)
- Qualified to share in His inheritance (Col. 1:12)
- A fellow citizen with God's people and member of God's household (Eph. 2:19)
- Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone (Eph. 2:20)
- Born of God and the evil one does not harm me (1 John 5:18)
- Blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ (Eph. 1:3)
- His disciple because I have love for others (John 13:34.35)
- The light of the world (Matt 5:14)
- The salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
- The righteousness of God (2 Cor. 5:21, 1 Pet. 2:24)
- A partaker of His divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4)
- Called of God (2 Tim. 1:9)
- The first fruits among His creation (James 1:18)
- Chosen (1 Thess. 1:4; Eph 1:4; 1 Pet. 2:9)
- An ambassador for Christ (2 Cor. 5:20)
- God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works (Eph. 2:10)
- Being changed into His image (2 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 1:6)
- Raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Col 2:12; Eph. 2:6)
- Beloved of God ( Col. 3: 12; Rom. 1:7;1 Thess. 1:4)
- One in Christ (John 17:21-3) I HAVE:
- Obtained an inheritance (Eph. 1:11)
- Access by one Spririt to the Father (Heb. 4:18; Eph. 2:18)
- Overcome the world (1 John 5:4)
- Everlasting life and will not be condemned (John 5:24; John 6:47)
- Received power, the power of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8)
- The greater One in me; thus, greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4) AND NOW:
- I live by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (Rom 8:2)
- I walk in Christ Jesus (Col 2:6)
- I can do all things in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:13)
- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God (Phil. 3:14)
- My life is hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3)
Source: Step Up Reading, New Life Community Church
I have an old pine cupboard which my hubby painted white.
It holds the 'bits and pieces' of old crockery that I like.
Some of it has value due to vintage or design
but all of it is precious to me.. simply 'cause it's mine :-)
There's very little new in there-it's mostly second-hand.
Why others sought to part with them, I'll never understand!
For I delight in searching for the treasures of this sort
And rushing home to hubby to say "Look what I just bought!"
A case in mind is this here bowl, with strainer and a lid.
It's made by Royal Doulton..so you'd think it'd cost a 'quid'.
But finding it in Vinnies nearly made this lady holler
when I spied the sticker on the lid (o joy of joys!) - one dollar!!
Yes, I love my vintage china and old tins with charm and grace
I like anything that age has softened with it's bygone face.
My home is filled with memories that harken back in time
to when a woman's homelife was of a very different kind.
I often ponder on the ways a housewife's lot has changed.
And how it seems, society has been quite disarranged.
But when I look around me at all my lovely vintage things
I gain a sense of peace and quiet that seeing them still brings.
For I am happy and so glad to have a home like this
where olden days and olden ways can make me reminisce
about the lives that women lived...content to have 'enough'.
A humble model for my heart.. and why I have this vintage love!